Choosing the right agent to sell your Sarasota home is one of the most important decisions you can make. Many times, it is tempting to hire someone familiar to you, such as a friend or co-worker who happens to have a real estate license. This may feel more comfortable to you at first, however, it could cost you thousands and thousands of dollars if that agent is not a top-performing full time professional agent. Also, if something does go wrong in the transaction, it is best to be dealing with an agent without family or friendship ties! There is nothing worse than losing a friend because mistakes were made that cost you thousands of dollars. Before hiring an agent to handle what could possibly be your largest financial investment, it is important to ask some key questions. By covering these issues up front, you will be able to choose an agent based on performance, and after all, who doesn’t want to make more money and experience less stress? That is the role of a top performing agent! Here are some questions to ask in a realtor interview:
1) Do you personally answer all phone calls on the property?
2) Can we cancel the listing if we’re not happy?
3) May I see your personal Internet web site?
4) What systems do you have in place that will keep you in constant contact with me during the listing and the transaction?
5) Are you a Full Time agent?
6) Do you do Virtual Tours on ALL your listings?
7) What is your average market time vs. other agents’ average market time?
8. How many pictures do you put on REALTOR.com (Largest real estate website in the U.S.?)
9) 80% of Buyers are searching online. Tell me about the internet marketing you do?
10) I want to give my home the advantage of the latest marketing strategies. How much time & money do you invest each month in professional training?
11) Can you give me a list of your clients who have closed escrow and can I call them?
12) Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
13) Why should I list with you rather than any other agent who is calling?
When you are ready to list your home, please call me for a no obligation meeting where we can discuss your needs further. My goal is to earn my sellers absolute top dollar, and reduce market time and seller stress!